Thursday, 8 March 2012

Notting Hill


For those of you who don’t know, I live in the rather envied location of Notting Hill and in my eyes, there’s nowhere else quite as quaint in London.
What’s not quite so envied is the size of my flat – hello box rooms – but I’m a glass half full kinda girl so we won’t dwell on that.
Plus the view from my bedroom window is STUNNING...especially if you’re into the whole ancient, gothic and rather daunting church thing.



On such a glorious day as today I couldn’t help but marvel as to the sheer beauty of this place, my street looks out of a postcard and is actually featured in a few films.
The characters in ‘About a Boy’ and ‘Alfie’ actually lived here.
Sadly I have only seen Jude Law once around these parts.


The great thing about Notting Hill is not just the glorious London streets, cafes, restaurants and art galleries – though there is an abundance of those - but the famous Portobello Road markets.
This market is filled with trinkets, clothes, antiques, records, food and basically anything you could imagine all piled into one lovely street.
Make sure that if you travel here, are a local or just passing through, you do not miss out on taking a cheeky look around.









With an abundance of romantic squares and cafes, it’s also a great idea for a unique date!





What’s your favourite thing about Notting Hill?


4 comments:

  1. I love Electric Cinema - LUSH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. The sofa style seats are oh so comfortable!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so very much for the wonderful comments and visiting my blog :)

    How lucky are you to live in such a pretty place! These images are great....super jealous hehe


    xo
    Lizzie
    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...