Friday, 2 March 2012

My week on Holby

This month to the amusement of many of my pals, I will be appearing on ‘Holby City’ as a 19 year old girl who has contracted an obscure disease
whilst volunteering in Africa.
For those unaware, Holby City is one of the most popular soaps in England, so yeah, I'm kind of a big deal now ;). 


Normally I'm never ill so it's rather weird watching myself looking so sick coming out of the ambulance, undertaking cat scans, in hospital beds and surgery.






My call times for the week ranged from 7.30 to 9.00 am which was no easy feat considering it took the best part of two hours to get there – The famed BBC studios at Elstree. 
We normally wrapped around 7pm.  

Whilst I did have my own dressing room, it was certainly not as glamorous as the luxurious pad offered at BBC White City. 
In fact it was rather useless as the heating was stuck at an obscenely high temperature which made sitting there comparable to having a sauna. 
This was certainly a dramatic change to the set which was absolutely freezing.



Interesting they had a real life nurse on set to give the actors tips on what they should do during scenes and to make sure the medical equipment looked right.

The on set nurse and I.


 
Whilst I did spend a great deal of my time unconscious, the highlight was definitely having a fit which involved a lot of jerking, eye rolling and body spasms. 
This made my sister laugh uncontrollably.







I got along really well with one of the lead actresses on the show - Sasha Behar who is best known for her role as Maya Sharma on Coronation Street. 
On Holby she plays Michae's foe as the brilliant surgeon.
She's so gorgeous even with no makeup! 





9 comments:

  1. OMG!!! HOlby City is one of favourite shows! When are you on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing to work with you on this too sweetie. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty even when sick :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What were all the other members of the cast like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long did it take to shoot this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your blog all the way from America!!!

    I've never watched this show. Hope to see you in something soon. :) X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penelope Moore9 April 2012 at 15:10

    I did laugh uncontrollably.. anything involving you looking to be in pain is a winner. Very proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photots. It's really cool to see some of the behind the scenes too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...